HOME-FROM-HOME: A tranquil city hideaway
|Address||Bellevue Rd, EH7 4DG Edinburgh, United Kingdom|
|Property type||Private room|
|Response time||A few hours|
IMPORTANT! Please note the EXACT STREET ADDRESS from your Wimdu reservation. Mobile phone maps use POSTCODES which give many addresses on the same street, not taking you to the EXACT address.!!
ONE WORLD, ONE FAMILY, DIVERSE PEOPLES SHARING
Welcome to Edinburgh! A tranquil city-center hideaway..
In these past 5 years I am delighted to have been able to share my home with many visitors from East and West: Australasia (incl China, Korea, VN, Japan, Singapore & HK) , Euroland, North and South America and more. Locals say Edinburgh is like a big village
The guest room is in my garden flat, ideal for 1-3 persons, and up to 5 persons if needed - great for families and friends travelling together. It is a 22-minute walk from Waverley Station and Princes Street, with excellent nearby transportation including the airport Tram 12 minutes away. It is in a relaxed setting hidden behind a tall gate 35m from the nearest street, surrounded by 110-m2 of private garden and a terrace with mature trees.
There are 3 single beds (a single and a bunk bed). There are two extra mattresses stored under the beds can be placed on the floor as required **NOTE: FLOOR SPACE USING EXTRA MATTRESSES IS LIMITED. Families with children are welcome. All bedding and towels are included. There are a chest of drawers, writing desk, arm chair and a closet. The room is just across the hall from the shared bathroom, with my room adjacent.
A Continental breakfast is included (Rolls/bread, jam, butter, coffee/tee, maybe fruit and/or muesli). GUESTS MAY USE THE KITCHEN, REFRIGERATOR AND WASHING MACHINE BY ARRANGEMENT PLEASE ASK. Oriental rugs scattered throughout on wool fitted carpets ensuring a rich and cozy ambiance. Children ( DISCOUNT aged 15 & under, please ask at time of booking). Pets are welcome. LGBT-friendly.
• Wide range of cafes, restaurants, cinemas & shopping . Edinburgh has an eclectic range of locally-owned shops (avoiding the mass-market identical chain stores found in every UK city), restaurants and so many delicatessens and coffee shops, not to mention pubs!
• Good bus transport very near extending throughout Edinburgh incl Service 100 from/to Airport as well as the new TRAM, `12 minutes away
• Edinburgh is a very walkable town.
• Excellent international & local restaurants: Edinburgh offers it all.
• Parking: there is free on-street parking a 7-minute walk away or meter parking on the street, but which is free weekends Friday 1730-Monday 0830. I’m pleased to share with you my insights and tips about Edinburgh. I look forward to meeting you soon.
* Bathroom, with shower and bath
* private garden & terrace
* kitchen & Washing machine, may be used by arrangement (no later than 830pm please), & Limited refrigerator space may be possible, Please advise beforehand if possible.
* Drying closet for overnight drying of washed clothes, or outside line in good weather
* modest library including good collection of photographic arts and oriental carpet books
Interaction with guests
Enjoy chatting, becoming acquainted, music, interesting stories, photographic arts, history. Musicians welcome to share their art. I have a fine Spanish classical guitar, as well as alto, soprano and sopranino recorders/blokflute
Other things to note
(1) Please complete your profile with a photo & personal details - 'empty profile' requests cannot be accepted
(2) When you receive your booking confirmation please make a note of the ADDRESS and TELEPHONE number
(3) DO NOT Rely on phone maps using post codes only! Use full address to ensure correct location
House rulesGUESTS: .
To help you enjoy your stay, please note the following guide:
• PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR ARRIVAL TIME IN ADVANCE. If you are delayed, please telephone. I will wait for your arrival up to one hour past your expected time if I must go out.
• no smoking inside please - garden outside is available, but dispose of butts in bin
• please place shoes in the shoe rack by the door
• please wash up dishes when finished, keep kitchen tidy
• usual common courtesies as house guests & reasonable hours are appreciated
• please keep showers to 10 minutes, 0700- 2300 (7am - 11pm)
|Price for > 1 guests||$ 201 HKD per guest/night extra|
|Maximum nights||5 nights|
|Check-in after||9 AM|
|Check-in before||On arrangement|
|Check-out before||On arrangement|
Reviews of this property
I REALLY ENJOYED MY STAY IN EDINBURGH AND AT DAVID'S.HE WAS AN EXCELLANT, INTERESTING AND HELPFUL HOST. I FELT SO MUCH AT EASE THERE AND HOPE TO COME BACK NEXT YEAR. THANKS A LOT. HANNES
David was realy a fluke! We felt very well with all (excellent breakfist, nice tidy rooms, cosy atmosphere and a brilliant site). He's a very friendly man with fine manners and we enjoyed the fabolously storys of his full and interessting life. He has a very open mind and is helpful anytime. He made us feel very comfortable and easy to relish our holidays. Unfortunately we stayed only three days.
Kind regards from all of us David ,and good luck!!!
Denise, Felix, Clementina and Luana :-) :-) :-) :-)
David gave us a warm welcome. The room is decent. Sharing the bathroom was no problem. The continental breakfast was plentiful and varied (delicious bread, jams, cheeses, fresh fruit, homemade yogurt). The house is in a beautiful environment and one can easily reach the city center on foot. David answered our questions and showed friendly during every moment spent with him.
David nous a réservé un accueil chaleureux. La chambre est très correcte. Le partage de la salle de bain n'a posé aucun problème. Le petit déjeuner continental était copieux et varié (pain délicieux, confitures, fromages, fruits frais, yaourt fait maison). La maison se trouve dans un très bel environnement et on peut facilement rejoindre le centre-ville à pied. David répondait à nos questions et s'est montré amical pendant tous les moments passés chez lui.
Een goede kamer in een prettige buurt. Je kan gebruik maken van de tuin en we hadden mooi weer dus we zaten veel in de tuin. De auto kan je parkeren in de buurt. David helpt je wel en heeft een hoop info.
David ist ein sehr freundlicher und hilfsbereiter Gastgeber, wir fühlten uns in seiner Wohnung sehr wohl. Danke nochmal für die interessanten Geschichten, David.
David is a very friendly host, open and helpful.
We have just been surprised that the 4th bed is a mattress on land and not a real bed that leaves little room to move in the room.
David est un hote tres sympathique, ouvert et serviable.
Nous avons juste ete surpris que le 4eme lit soit un matelas a terre et non un vrai lit cela laisse peu de place pour se mouvoir dans la piece.
It is extremely pleased with David! A nice spot in the rugged Edinburgh just 10 minutes from downtown. Furthermore, David is an excellent host and very helpful.
Het is bij David uitstekend bevallen! Een mooi plekje in het ruige Edinburgh slechts een 10 minuten van het centrum. Verder is David een uitstekend gastheer en is zeer behulpzaam.
David has received us very well. Before our arrival, he answered all our questions and advised us. Its hospitality and kindness have contributed to the success of our stay in Scotland.
He prepared us delicious breakfasts with fresh produce.
My friends and I warmly thank David and even recommend it to future visitors of Scotland.
David nous a tres bien reçu. Avant notre arrivée, il a répondu à toutes nos interrogations et nous a conseillé. Son accueil et sa gentillesse ont contribué à la réussite de notre séjour en Ecosse.
Il nous a préparé de succulents petit déjeuners avec des produits frais.
Mes amis et moi même remercions chaleureusement David et le recommandons aux futurs visiteurs d'Ecosse.
I can not very much to write, because we were only there for one night unfortunately. David is certainly a very nice person, "open minded". The location is pretty close to the city. If it goes bad you can take a taxi home for little money. The room was fine. Many thanks to you, David!
Ganz viel kann ich leider nicht dazu schreiben, weil wir nur eine Nacht dort waren. David ist jedenfalls ein recht netter Mensch, "open minded". Die Lokation ist ziemlich nah zur City. Wenn es schlecht läuft kann man für wenig Geld mit dem Taxi nach Hause fahren. Das Zimmer war in Ordnung.
Many thanks to you, David!
My family and I had a very pleasant stay in the house of David. The house is clean and the decor is nice, plus the garden is lovely. The breakfast that David offered is delicious and very cheap. The house is near the center (15min) and there are several bus lines that connect easily (day and night) with the center. It was better than a hotel!. I recommend David for a comfortable stay and taste of home in Edinburgh. Thanks David, we are a great host!. And your house is great!
Mi familia y yo tuvimos una estancia muy agradable en la casa de David. La casa esta limpia y su decoracion es linda, ademas el jardin es precioso. El desayuno que David ofrece es delicioso y muy barato. La casa esta cerca del centro (15min) y hay varias lineas de buses que conectan facilmente (dia y noche) con el centro. Fue mejor que un hotel!.
Recomiendo a David para una estancia comoda y con sabor de hogar en Edinburgo.
Thanks David, we are a great host!. And your house is great!
- Quality assured accommodation
- Every host is verified by telephone
- Secure payment via SSL encryption